Technical Illustrator & Author
Main purpose of the job:
We’re building a commercial team that offers the best product experience and support to all our customers around the world. The ideal candidate has an interest in building and modifying 3D printers, CNC machines and/or laser cutters. Responsible for creating and upkeeping our industry leading technical documentation and literature in an engaging and illustrative manner. Their ability to understand technical details is vital, as well as having a natural ability to explain technical topics to non-technical co-workers and customers.
We have a flexible hybrid model where we expect everyone to work in our Chalgrove office in Oxfordshire at least 3 days per week. This is to continue building relationships, collaborating and developing our team.
Main tasks of the job
Your immediate line manager is the Digital Content Manager, but ultimately answerable to Head of Product Strategy and Marketing.
Main tasks of the job:
- Understand and keep up with E3D’s product portfolio and specifications..
- Build and modify 3D printers using E3D components for the purpose of creating upgrade guides.
- Project manage technical documentation creation and updates with guidance from their line Manager.
- Creating product assembly guides, firmware guides, technical FAQs and other technical literature.
- Designing 3D printer upgrades, focusing on design for printability.
- Stay up to date with industry developments and use this knowledge to generate topical content and support the wider team.
- Produce regular SEO optimised engaging and educational content in the form of blogs and case studies for varying competency levels.
- Supporting the Head of Product Strategy and Marketing with writing product briefs for the monthly ‘New Product Innovation Pipeline’ meeting.
- Responsible for the E3D Printables account, including designing CAD files, hosting competitions and ensuring customers are engaged with in a professional manner.
- Maintain professional internal and external relationships that meet company core values.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
Essential skills and experience
- A passion for 3D printing/building CNC machines/building laser cutters.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to grasp software, self-teach, learn quickly, and work on projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work collaboratively across departments and projects.
- Ability to interpret and create technical drawings.
- Ability to convey instructions or technical information using CAD illustrations.
- Good copywriting and reviewing skills, able to write/proofread comprehensive copy.
- 3+ years of experience with 3D CAD software (Solidworks, Autodesk Inventor or similar).
- 2+ years experience of FDM 3D printing.
- 20 days holidays in a complete year, increasing to 23 days after 2 years continuous service and 28 days after 5 years continuous service (excluding the public/bank holidays)
- Free on-site parking
- An Employee Assistance Programme and trained Mental Health Champions
- Death in Service (on completion of three months service)
- Company Pension Scheme
- £500 CPD Budget (on completion of three months service)
- £200 Wellbeing allowance (on completion of three months service)
- Company Sick Pay (on completion of three months service)
- We Care – 24/7 online GP, mental health support and virtual wellbeing
- Bereavement Counselling
- Probate Helpline
- Opportunities to visit international tradeshows
You will receive a reply when the role has been taken down and a shortlist compiled.
Please state your salary expectations.
Strictly No AgenciesApply Now