TLDR: Design something flexible for a chance to win a Flowalistik Signature Hemera
It’s competition time again! This time we’ve teamed up with Agustín “Flowalistik” Arroyo to judge your entries.
Flowalistik is a well-known face in the 3D printing community. His unique, visually-engaging designs have been 3D printed thousands of times all over the world. We have his educational model of the E3D V6 and a bunch of his low-poly Pokémon in our office. Do you?!
To coincide with getting Hemera back on the shelves, we decided to run a competition focused on flexible materials. Hemera offers top performance with these materials thanks to its constrained filament path, so the lucky winner will receive a one-of-a-kind special-edition laser-engraved Flowalistik Signature Edition Hemera, along with some other E3D goodies. Details below:
Design something that makes interesting use of flexible 3D printing material
- The design must be printable on an FFF 3D printer and be enhanced by flexible properties
- It can use a combination of different materials, as long as one of them is flexible
- The design can be aesthetic or functional
- Any design software is fine
- Tag your entry with #E3DFlexibles2021
- No NSFW designs 😉
How to enter
Post your submission on our Facebook or Discord community channels. Send us a picture or render of the design with a few sentences describing it and your thinking behind it. Make sure to include the hashtag #E3DFlexibles2021 to be considered.
You don’t need to 3D print your design to be considered, but it is encouraged. Any 3D printer is fine. Send us pictures and tell us about the printer, slicer, and material brands used if you do.
Competition start: February 15, 2021 18:00PM GMT
Competition end: March 14, 2021 12:00PM GMT
Winner announced: March 19, 2021
- E3D “Flowalistik” Signature Hemera: 12/24V Hemera (winner’s choice) laser engraved with Flowalistik’s signature
- Nozzle X Ultipack (1.75mm)
- 1.75mm white Spoolworks FlexD material to go with them
Inspiration! What we’d like to see
We’d really, really, really like to see design features that make creative use of flexible material properties, e.g. grips, shock absorbency, living hinges, and more. Some examples:
Living hinges and shock absorbent layers
If you have any questions, get in touch on the competition channels and we’ll try to help. Good luck!
Enter on Facebook
Enter on Discord